Regional Sales Manager
GEDA USA is looking for a motivated and goal oriented sales professional who has a mechanical aptitude for an exciting employment opportunity with as a New Equipment Sales Representative of German engineered and manufactured rack & pinion industrial elevators, material lifts, and transport platforms designed for vertical transportation of personnel and material. This position will report to the Houston office, and develop new distribution networks with scaffold companies, equipment rental companies, engineering procurement & construction firms, and prospect for new sales opportunities in plants throughout several industry segments.
The new Regional Sales Manager should have a good technical knowledge of the product line and its applications, and knowledge of related codes, as well as reading technical specifications, understanding job plans, together with a working knowledge of business matters as relates to preparing sales budgets, forecasts, bid proposals, estimates, and making presentations to win the sale.
The new Regional Sales Manager is responsible to primarily develop new leads and opportunities, and is responsible for achieving individual sales goals, new business development within a territory, and account management.
Scope of Work:
- Required to meet established Sales Budget for the new territory.
- Work closely with senior management to identify potential sales opportunities.
- Utilize “value based” selling techniques to convince potential customers of the need and value (in time savings, efficiency improvement, safety improvement, etc.) of adding elevators and material lifts to specifically defined plant structures and construction projects.
- Develop case studies from successful sales to increase the ability to replicate such applications within assigned territories.
- Sales travel as required, and attend and participate in trade exhibitions and trade organizations on as needed basis.
- Inform and coordinate all bid opportunities using company quotation log system with upper management.
- Primary responsibility for developing relationships with equipment rental companies, scaffold companies, OEM's, architects, engineers & constructors, utility engineering offices, power plants, refineries, cement plants, etc...
- Develop customer loyalty through continued account management and responding to customers requests.
- Assist accounting department with collections
- Educate customers on product line safety issues, and code requirements.
- Submit Monthly Sales Reports, and Yearly Sales Forecast.
- Technical knowledge of company’s products, applicable codes, state-by-state inspectors, and installation methods.
- Be capable of surveying a job site, reading blueprints and customer specs, so accurate estimates can be developed.
- Interpret equipment specification and prepare bid packages in a professional manner.
- Attend pre-bid and job site meetings.
- Prepare proposals and pricing for each Bid according to established procedures, including obtaining subcontractor quotes as required.
- Maintain and update all outstanding customer proposals, and keep company reports & logs accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist in execution of ongoing contracts within the region as required.
- Keep Management informed of events which will or could affect the local or corporate business and recommend actions to be considered.
- Safeguard and maintain the confidentiality of GEDA’S Technical, Commercial, Business Plans and any other internal documents or information which is the property of GEDA.
- Demonstrate ability to perform sales duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with all customers, and all levels of GEDA employees.
- Effective use of all GEDA processes and systems in achieving individual goals.
- Ensure GEDA's reputation with customers is enhanced by their effective communication.
- Site visits to customers for sales, account management, surveying & follow up.
- Execution of corporate objectives/initiatives (i.e. safety, quality, market pricing, etc.).
- Demonstrate behavioral attributes of GEDA Ambassador.
- Compliance with HR related processes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA Business Administration, or Associates’ Degree in mechanical / construction related or technical discipline.
- Five to ten+ years experience in outside sales of industrial equipment (or other technical / commercial experience within the company), preferably in heavy industry or construction area.
- Skill with business development in large construction projects with related RFQ processes, proposal development, and typical commercial terms & conditions.
- Outgoing, and sales-oriented in nature.
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining accuracy of work and meeting tight deadlines; adjusting hours when required.
- Thoroughly skilled on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), including ability to handle word processing in an efficient manner.
- Substantial travel in the US and Canada is anticipated.
- BA Business Administration (4 year degree), or Associates’ Degree in mechanical / construction related or technical discipline
- Clean background check
- 5 to 10+ years experience in outside sales of industrial equipment
- Skill with business development in large construction projects
- Substantial travel in the US and Canada
GEDA USA offers competitive wage and benefits, including health and life insurance and 401k.
How to Apply:
1. Application Form (Right)
- or -
2. Mail your Application
GEDA USA, LLC
1151 Butler Road
League City, Texas 77573
- or -
3. Fax your Application: (713) 621-7279
Contact one of our sales representatives today
to inquire about a quote from GEDA - USA
or call us today at 866-973-4332